crashing the party.
If anyone hasn't realized, we are living in the midsts of an activists resurgence. We can thank the internet for the simplification of tasks like contacting our elected reps (substantial increase in the decade) and uniting to voice our opinion on issues (look at the increase of voter based initiatives). Relating to my previous blogs, I see a libertarian direction that America is heading, despite it's lack of representation as a legitimate third party. I think the internet makes it very difficult to regulate interstate commerce, it also makes censorship extremely challenging.
Perhaps the other camp that is growing heavily is what I would call the conservative democrats. I would like to see the parties transist into these two camps intead of how they currently are. I could see this as more and more of a possibility, except which party would give up what? Based on Bush's record of super-pork The republicans are on the right track to make themselves the new conservative-democrats. That only leaves the problem that uber-liberals (Read: Hillary Clinton) are gung hoe on taking away individual liberties by allowing greater searches in schools, pushing censorship of video-games, and taking firearms away from law abiding citizens. The libertarian party I envision believes people can usually be trusted, people will usually do what is in their best interest. So I guess that would Put Clinton in the Conservative-democratic party as well. Clinton and Bush, in the same party? I feel like I'm watching those Tsunami Commercials all over again (With Mr. Clinton and daddy Bush)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home